The Hilton Head Island Art Festival at Shelter Cove Harbour returns Memorial Day Weekend, May 28th -29th, 2016. This two-day juried outdoor art festival features original artwork by the finest artists in the country and a separate arts and crafts market showcasing unique crafts and affordable gift items. Admission is free and open to the public.
Art enthusiasts will have the opportunity to engage the artists to gain a better understanding of their work and inspiration as they stroll through the vast array of quality original art.
A Mediterranean-style deep-water marina with shopping and dining, Shelter Cove Harbour is located directly across from Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. The area is a popular waterfront shopping and dining destination for locals and tourists to Hilton Head.
• Shelter Cove Harbour, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
• Free Admission
• Juried first-class outdoor art gallery showcasing local and national artists
• Original Artwork Handmade in America
• 150 artists and crafters from 30 different states
• Prices set to suit all budgets: $25 to $30,000
• Artists hand-selected by independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
• All artists on site for duration of festival
• Art & Craft Market: variety of craft media including folk art, pottery, personalized gifts, handmade clothing, basket weaving, beaded utensils, candles, cork assemblage, fabric design, fiber quilts, fused wax and glass, hair accessories, handbags and accessories, handmade cards, leather, mosaic, wood, painted wood, plaster craft and stained glass
• Vast array of artistic media including paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, mixed media